Form of issue and composition
Arbidol is available in capsules and tablets with a dosage of 50 and 100 mg. The tablets are film-coated, have a white or cream color. Packed tablets of 5 and 10 pieces in contour squares, each cardboard pack contains 1, 2, 4 packs. Capsules of 50 mg yellow, and 100 - white with a yellow lid. The capsules contain a mixture of powder and granules. The main active substance is ufifenovir. Excipients in tablets: potato starch, MCC, povidone K30, calcium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol, polysorbate. Arbidol capsules contain potato starch, gelatin, silicon dioxide colloid, povidone, calcium stearate, titanium dioxide, quinoline dye yellow, acetic acid, methyl parahydroxybenzoate.
Indications for use
The use of arbidol is indicated for the prophylaxis and treatment of acute respiratory infections of viral origin in children and adults. The drug is prescribed to patients with influenza type A and B, with acute respiratory viral infections, as well as with a severe acute respiratory syndrome complicated by bronchitis and pneumonia. Arbidol shows the greatest effectiveness in the early stages of the disease. Also, the drug is prescribed for immunodeficiency, which arose on the background of fatigue, stress, medication, harmful environmental effects. Arbidol can be part of a comprehensive therapy of pneumonia, a recurrent herpetic infection, and chronic bronchitis. Prescribe a drug to prevent the occurrence of complications of an infectious nature in the postoperative period and to normalize the immune system. The use of arbidol is indicated in the complex treatment of acute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology in children after three years.
The drug, as a rule, is well tolerated and has a minimum of contraindications. According to the instructions to Arbidol, it can not be taken to children under the age of three and patients who have individual intolerance to the components of the drug. Data on the effect of the drug on the body of pregnant and lactating women do not.
Dosing and Administration
The instructions to Arbidol say that the drug should be taken before meals. For children after three years I prescribe Arbidol in a dosage of 50 mg. The treatment regimen may vary depending on the type and severity of the disease. The standard dosage for an adult is 200 mg per day, for a child aged 6 to 12 years, 100 mg, and for children 3 to 6 years, 50 mg per day.
- If a person is in contact with patients with acute respiratory viral infection and influenza, the usual dosage is prescribed for prophylaxis once a day for 10-14 days;
- For prevention during the epidemic of acute respiratory viral infection and influenza and as a prophylaxis of exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and relapses of herpes infection, a standard dosage is prescribed 2 times a week for three weeks;
- When contacting patients for the prevention of SARS, a standard dosage is prescribed 1 time per day for 12-14 days;
- To prevent complications that may occur in the postoperative period, Arbidol is prescribed 2 days prior to surgery, and also on the second and fifth days after surgery in a standard dosage for 1 time;
- For treatment of acute respiratory viral infection and influenza without complications, administration of Arbidol 4 times a day is prescribed every 6 hours for five days;
- With the development of complications (pneumonia, bronchitis), the drug is prescribed 4 times a day every 6 hours for the first five days, then - the standard dosage once a week for a month;
- In the treatment of SARS, use the drug 2 times a day for 8-10 days;
- In the complex treatment of re-herpetic infection and chronic bronchitis, administer the drug 4 times a day every 6 hours for 5-7 days, then 1 dose 2 times a week for one month;
- According to the instructions to Arbidol in the complex treatment of acute intestinal infections of rotavirus etiology appoint the drug 4 times a day for 5 days.
Side effects are extremely rare, sometimes allergic reactions may occur. The drug is low-toxic and does not have harmful effects on the human body when used in specified doses. Cases of an overdose of Arbidol were not noted.
Arbidol does not affect the ability of the patient to drive, and also perform work that would require increased concentration of attention. The use of the drug is well combined with other drugs.
Arbidol has many analogues: Engistol, Armenicum, Ferrovir, Proteflazide, Detoxopyrol. All these preparations contain the same active substance.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug should be stored in a dry dark place at a temperature below 25 degrees for two years.