Bacteriophage Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, vial of 100 ml
The solution of the drug Pseudomonas purulent Bacteriophage includes purified sterile filtrate of phagolysate of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Additional substance - quinosol (preservative).
Antibacterial specific action.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Pseudomonas bacteriophage has the ability to selectively destroy the microorganisms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
The bactericidal effect of bacteriophages is caused by the specific lysis of pathogenic bacteria in the inflammatory focus. The death of bacteria occurs due to the adsorption of virulent bacteriophages on the cell surface of a microbe, penetration into it and intensive reproduction, the use of cell organelles for their own needs, after which the cell dies.
Peculiarities of pharmacokinetics have not been studied.
Therapy and prevention of diseases caused by Pseudomonas aeroginosa as part of multicomponent therapy:
- lesions of the digestive tract (intestinal dysbiosis, gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis);
- surgical diseases (hydradenitis, suppurations of wounds, panaritiums, carbuncle, phlegmon, boils, burns, abscess);
- neonatal diseases, purulent-inflammatory (intestinal dysbacteriosis, gastroenterocolitis, omphalitis, pyoderma, sepsis, conjunctivitis);
- urogenital infections (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis);
- diseases of the ear, nose, throat, respiratory system and lungs (sore throat, otitis media, laryngitis, pharyngitis, pneumonia, bronchitis, pleurisy);
- conjunctivitis, corneal ulcer, keratoconjunctivitis;
- generalized septic lesions and other diseases associated with Pseudomonas aeroginosa;
- prevention of nosocomial infections associated with Pseudomonas aeroginosa.
The drug is allowed to combine with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents.
If antiseptics were used for the treatment before using the medication, then the wound should be washed with sodium chloride solution.
How to take, the course of administration and dosage
The instruction allows the use of the drug inside, locally in the form of irrigations and applications, rectally, by introducing into the nasal cavity, wounds, uterus, vagina, sinuses, and also for drainage of cavities. Recommended dosages for patients older than 8 years are up to 30 ml of the solution when taken orally and up to 50 ml when administered as enemas. Treatment of localized diseases of purulent-inflammatory nature should be carried out by combining local treatment and taking the drug orally for 1-3 weeks.
Depending on the nature of the infection, the remedy can be applied in the following ways.
In the form of lotions, plugging and irrigation in an amount up to 200 ml. With an abscess after emptying its cavity, the drug is administered orally in a smaller amount than the amount of pus removed. In the treatment of osteomyelitis, 10-20 ml of the agent is injected into the wound after surgical treatment.
When injected into the pleural, articular, or other confined cavities, capillary drainage is established, by means of which the medicine is injected in 100 ml each for several days.
For pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, the drug is taken orally. In the case of drainage of the pelvis of the kidney or bladder, the drug is administered through a drainage tube twice a day, 30-40 ml into the cavity of the bladder, or 6-7 ml into the renal pelvis.
When gynecological lesions of purulent-inflammatory nature of the tool is injected into the vagina or uterus 7-10 ml every day. When colpitis treatment is carried out by irrigation of 10 ml or plugging twice a day for 2 hours.
For diseases of the throat, ear and nose of a purulent-inflammatory nature, the agent is administered 2-10 ml up to 3 times per day. Bacteriophage used for washing, instillation, rinsing, the introduction of turunda for 1 hour.
For intestinal dysbiosis and enteric infections, the remedy is taken orally three times a day one hour before meals for 1-3 weeks. Also, a combination of double oral administration with a joint rectal administration of an age dose once a day in the form of an enema after defecation is allowed.
Use of the drug in children younger than 6 months including premature babies.
With enterocolitis, sepsis of newborns, the pseudomucine bacteriophage is administered using high enemas of 5-10 ml up to 3 times a day. It is also possible oral medication by mixing with breast milk. The course of treatment lasts up to 15 days.
In order to prevent enterocolitis, sepsis during intrauterine infection or the risk of a nosocomial infection in newborns, the drug is used twice a day in the form of enemas throughout the week.
In the treatment of pyoderma, omphalitis, septic wounds, the agent is used in the form of applications with a soaked gauze cloth, which is applied to the wound surface twice a day.
Such cases are not described.
Before use, the bottle with the drug must be shaken and its transparency and the presence of sediment should be evaluated. If turbidity or sediment is detected, the drug is prohibited to use!
Due to the presence in the preparation of a favorable climate for the development of microorganisms from the environment, which cause clouding of the solution, the opening of the vial should be carried out according to the following rules:
- hands must be washed well before starting to work with the drug;
- before removing the cover must be treated with an alcohol solution;
- remove the cap without removing the plug;
- the drug from the opened container should be removed only by piercing the cork with a sterile syringe;
- if during the opening together with the cap a cork was accidentally removed, then it is forbidden to put it on the table with the inner surface, and the container should not be left open (after taking the solution, it must be plugged with a cork);
- open the bottle should be stored in the refrigerator.
If the indicated rules are observed and there is no opacification, then the Pseudomonosal Bacteriophage from an open vial can be applied for 2 years (the whole shelf life).
Solution for oral administration, local and external use.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a dark place at a temperature of 2-8 ° C.
Bacteriophage Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, vial of 100 ml
- Product Code: Pseudomonas-Aeruginosa-bac-100
- Availability: 2-3 Days