Indications and usage
PHARODENT Gel with bacteriophages for gums "Phagodent" (hereinafter — Phagodent) is used to normalize microflora of the oral cavity. Phagodent helps prevent the development of inflammatory diseases in the oral cavity. Phagodent contains a complex of 72 species of bacteriophages from the collection of RPC Micromir, which inhibit the growth of actual strains of the following pathogenic bacteria:
- Acinetobacter baumannii
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Enterobacter cloacae
- Enterobacter kobei
- Porphyromonas gingivalis
- Prevotella intermedia
- Proteus vulgaris
- Proteus mirabilis
- Micrococcus luteus
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia
- Klebsiella spp.
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Klebsiella ozanae
- Wolinella spp.
- Propionibacterium acnes
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Staphylococcus hominis
- Staphylococcus warneri
- Staphylococcus haemolyticus
- Staphylococcus capitis
- Staphylococcus caprae
- Staphylococcus suсcinus
- Streptococcus mitis
- Streptococcus mutans
- Streptococcus parasanguinis
- Enterococcus faecium, formerly called group D streptococci
- Streptococcus salivarius
- Streptococcus agalactiae
Gel, 50 ml bottle with dispenser and protective cap.
— Active ingredients: sterile suspension of phage particles in saline;
— Excipients: purified water, carbopol, calendula extract, nipazole.
Store at 4 to 25 °C. Shelf life is 24 months from the date of manufacture. Do not heat, avoid direct sunlight, do not allow freezing.
Indications and usage
1) As a means of personal oral hygiene:
— to protect oral health against disease-causing bacteria;
— to normalize the microflora of oral cavity;
—to treat injuries, burns and other mucous membrane diseases of oral cavity, gums, tongue and lips;
— during teeth eruption.
2) Cure for bad breath as an oral hygiene supplement.
3) Prevention of recurrence of inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria, including gingivitis, periodontitis, mucositis, peri-implantitis, chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis in susceptible patients with:
— general risk factors: diabetes mellitus, cancer (during radiotherapy and chemotherapy), decrease in total and local immunity, fungal and viral oral infections, autoimmune and other systemic diseases;
—local risk factors:
the use of fixed and removable orthodontic appliances: complete or partial dentures, dental bridges and crowns, including on implants;
in orthodontic treatment with removable (e.g. plates) and fixed (e.g. dental braces) appliances, in dental manipulations including dental surgeries such as gingival curettage, flap surgeries, frenectomy and vestibuloplasty, tooth extraction;
after tooth preparation, gingival retraction, use of sectional matrix systems, removal of dental deposits from the supra- and subgingival surfaces of the teeth.
4) By prescription in other clinical situations requiring high antibacterial protection and no side effects.
5) Prevention of recurrence of inflammatory diseases caused by bacteria, including gingivitis, periodontitis, mucositis, peri-implantitis, chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis
6) Treatment of gingivitis, periodontitis, mucositis, peri-implantitis, chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis (in acute phase).
Hypersensitivity to Phagodent components.