5 mg vinpocetine
Inactive ingredients: colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate, talc, corn starch, lactose monohydrate.
The drug improving cerebral blood flow and cerebral metabolism. Increases glucose and oxygen consumption of the brain tissue. Increases resistance of neurons to hypoxia; enhancing the transport of glucose to the brain through the blood-brain barrier; It translates the process of disintegration of glucose to energy more economical, aerobic pathway; selectively blocked Ca2 + -dependent phosphodiesterase; It increases the levels of cAMP and cGMP brain. It increases the concentration of ATP in the brain; exchange enhances brain noradrenaline and serotonin; stimulates the ascending branch of the noradrenergic system, it has an antioxidant effect.
Reduces the aggregation of platelets and increased blood viscosity; increases the deforming ability of red blood cells and red blood cells block the recycling of adenosine; enhances oxygen release by red blood cells. It enhances the neuroprotective action of adenosine.
Increases cerebral blood flow; reduces the resistance of cerebral vessels without significant changes in indicators of systemic circulation (blood pressure, cardiac output, heart rate, total peripheral resistance). Not only is no effect of "steal" but also enhances blood flow, especially in ischemic brain regions with low perfusion.
Therapeutic plasma concentration - 10-20 ng / ml. For parenteral administration Vd - 5.3 l / kg.
Easily penetrates the blood-tissue barriers (including the BBB).
T1 / 2 is 4.74-5 hours Return with the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract by a ratio of 3:. 2.
Side effects during treatment with the drug is rarely detected.
Since the cardiovascular system: ECG changes (depression ST, prolongation of QT interval); tachycardia, arrythmia, but a causal relationship has not been proved, as in natural populations of these symptoms occur with the same frequency; changes in blood pressure (usually decline), flushing of the skin, phlebitis.
CNS: sleep disorders (insomnia, excessive sleepiness), dizziness, headache, fatigue (these symptoms may be manifestations of the underlying disease).
From the digestive system: dry mouth, nausea, heartburn.
Other: allergic skin reactions; increased perspiration
The presence of the syndrome of prolonged QT interval and the administration of drugs that cause lengthening of the QT interval, requires periodic ECG monitoring.
Kavinton® tablets contain lactose. In case of intolerance to lactose should note that 1 tablet contains 41.5 mg of lactose monohydrate.
In the case of fructose intolerance or deficit 1.6 difosfatazy fructose should be avoided vinpocetine.
Effects on ability to drive vehicles and management mechanisms
Data on the effect of vinpocetine on the ability to drive a car and do not have working mechanisms.
- In neuroscience: the decrease of neurological and psychiatric symptoms in various forms of insufficiency of cerebral blood flow (ischemic stroke, reducing stage of hemorrhagic stroke, the consequences of stroke, transient ischemic attack, vascular dementia, vertebrobasilar insufficiency, cerebral atherosclerosis, post-traumatic and hypertensive encephalopathy) ;
- In ophthalmology: chronic disease of the choroid and retina, including thrombosis (occlusion) of the central retinal vein or artery;
- In ENT practice: for the treatment of hearing loss perceptive type, Meniere's disease, idiopathic tinnitus.
- The acute phase of hemorrhagic stroke;
- A severe form of coronary artery disease;
- Severe arrhythmias;
- Children up to age 18 years (due to lack of data);
- Lactose intolerance;
- Hypersensitivity to vinpocetine.