De-Nol - anti-ulcer drug, which has astringent, anti-inflammatory effects, as well as bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori. The preparation increases the resistance of the mucosa of the gastrointestinal tract to the action of hydrochloric acid, pepsin, enzymes, bile salts.
Release form and composition
De-Nol comes in tablet form, the active ingredient of which is dicitratobismuthate tripotassium bismuth.
As excipients used in the tablets: maize starch mania stearate, macrogol 6000, potassium polyacrylate, Povidone K30, Opadry OY-S-7366 (Shell).
According to the instructions, De-Nol used in:
- Exacerbation of chronic gastritis and gastroduodenitis;
- Aggravation of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Functional dyspepsia which is not associated with organic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Irritable bowel syndrome, accompanied by diarrhea.
According to the instructions, De-Nol is contraindicated in:
- Expressed violations in the work of the kidneys;
- Individual intolerance to the components that are part of the drug;
- Pregnancy and during breast-feeding.
Dosage and Administration
Tablets De Nol intended for oral administration.
Dosage De Nol:
- Children 4-8 years - 8 mg per kilogram body weight per day divided into two doses. Tablets are taken half an hour before meals;
- Children 8-12 years - one pill 2 times a day for half an hour before meals;
- Children over 12 and adults - one tablet four times a day (three times in half an hour before a meal, the fourth - for the night), or two tablets twice a day before meals.
With a view to the eradication of Helicobacter pylori bacteria De Nol administered simultaneously with antibacterial agents Helicobacter activity.
The duration of the course of treatment is 4-8 weeks. After receiving the De-Nol next 8 weeks, do not use bismuth preparations.
When applying De Nol may develop side reactions:
- Digestive system: nausea, vomiting, frequent stools, constipation;
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, pruritus.
When applying De Nol for a long time and in high doses may encephalopathy caused by the accumulation of bismuth in the central nervous system.
When applying De Nol should be borne in mind that:
- During therapy, the drug should not take other medicines containing bismuth;
- Do not take the drug for more than 8 weeks;
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose of the drug;
- During treatment, a slight darkening of the tongue and stool painting a dark color;
- In case of overdose De Nola there are irregularities in the kidneys, which are reversible (after drug withdrawal) In case of overdose, the patient shows a gastric lavage, followed by the appointment of activated carbon, saline laxatives. Next - the treatment is symptomatic. If the kidney function with a high level of bismuth in the blood used complexing (dimerkaptopropansulfonovuyu and dimerkaptoyantarnuyu acid). In marked renal dysfunction used hemodialysis;
- Within 30 minutes before and after administration of the drug should not be taken into the other drugs, milk, fruit and vegetable juices to eliminate their influence on the effectiveness of the drug.
Structural analogues De Nola products are: ventrisol, Novobismol, Bismuth tripotassium dicitratobismuthate.