Solution for oral, local and external administration, 20 ml or 100 ml vials. Eight 20 ml vials or one 100 ml vial in each cardboard package with a package insert.
The drug is a mixture of sterile filtrates of phage lysates of Proteusvulgaris, Proteusmirabilis and enteropathogenic Escherichiacoli of different serogroups, the most important in the etiology of inflammatory and enteric diseases.
Preservative - 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate monohydrate - 0.0001 g/ml (estimated content);
or 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate monohydrate - 0.0001 g/ml (equal to 8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate, estimated content).
Treatment and prevention of purulent inflammatory and enteric diseases, dysbacteriosis caused by bacteria Proteus and enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli in the complex therapy:
- diseases of the ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract and lungs - inflammation of the sinuses, middle ear, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy;
- surgical infections - festering wounds, burns, abscesses, pyogenic cellulitis, boils, carbuncles, hidradenitis, felon, perirectitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis;
- urogenital infections - urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis;
- enteric infections - gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis, intestinal dysbacteriosis;
- Generalized septic diseases;
- purulent inflammatory diseases of newborns - omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenterocolitis, sepsis, etc.;
- Other diseases caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus.
An important condition for the effective phage therapy is a preliminary determination of the phage sensitivity of the pathogen.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of this drug during pregnancy and lactation is possible in the presence of infections caused by phage-sensitive strains of bacteria (as recommended by the doctor).
Hypersensitivity to the drug.
The use of the drug is possible in combination with other drugs, including antibiotics.
How to take, the course of administration and dosage
The drug is used for oral administration (through the mouth), rectal administration, applications, irrigation, the introduction into the cavity of wounds, vagina, uterus, nose, sinuses and drained cavity.
Recommended dosage of the drug:
The patient's age is 0-6 months - 5 doses per administration with the administration of the drug inside (ml) - 5-10 doses per administration with the introduction of the drug in enema (ml).
The patient's age is 6-12 months - 10 doses per administration with the administration of the drug inside (ml) - 10-20 doses per administration with the introduction of the drug in enema (ml).
The patient's age is from 1 year to 3 years - 15 doses per administration with the administration of the drug inside (ml) - 20-30 doses per administration with the introduction of the drug in enema (ml).
The patient's age is from 3 to 8 years old - 15-20 doses per administration with the administration of the drug inside (ml) - 30-40 doses per administration with the introduction of the drug in enema (ml).
The patient's age is 8 years and older - 20-30 doses per administration with the administration of the drug inside (ml) - 40-50 doses per administration with the introduction of the drug in enema (ml).
Treatment of purulent-inflammatory diseases with localized lesions should be carried out simultaneously both locally and taking the drug orally for 7–20 days (for clinical reasons).
If chemical antiseptics were used for the treatment of wounds prior to use of the bacteriophage, the wound should be thoroughly rinsed with sterile 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
Depending on the focus of infection, the bacteriophage is used:
- In the form of irrigation, lotions and plugging in a volume of up to 200 ml, depending on the size of the affected area. With an abscess after removal of purulent fluid, the drug is administered in an amount less than the volume of fluid removed. In osteomyelitis, after appropriate surgical treatment, bacteriophage is poured into the wound in a dose of 10–20 ml.
- With the introduction of the cavity (pleural, articular and other limited cavity) to 100 ml, then leave the capillary drainage, through which the bacteriophage is injected for several days.
- In case of cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, the drug is taken orally. If the cavity of the bladder or the renal pelvis is drained, the bacteriophage is injected through the cystostom or nephrostoma 1-2 times a day, 20-50 ml into the bladder and 5-7 ml into the renal pelvis.
- In case of purulent-inflammatory gynecological diseases, the drug is injected into the cavity of the vagina, the uterus in a dose of 5-10 ml once a day, with colpitis - 10 ml each by irrigation or tamponization 2 times a day. Tampons lay at 2 o'clock.
- When purulent-inflammatory diseases of the ear, throat, nose, the drug is administered in a dose of 2-10 ml 1-3 times a day. Bacteriophage is used for rinsing, washing, instillation, the introduction of moistened turun (leaving them for 1 hour).
- With enteral infections, intestinal dysbiosis, the drug is taken orally 3 times a day 1 hour before meals. Perhaps a combination of double ingestion with a single rectal injection of a single age dose of bacteriophage in the form of an enema after bowel movement.
The use of bacteriophage in children (up to 6 months).
In sepsis, enterocolitis of newborns, including premature babies, the bacteriophage is used in the form of high enemas (through the venting tube or catheter) 2-3 times a day at a dose of 5-10 ml. In the absence of vomiting and regurgitation, it is possible to use the drug through the mouth. In this case, it is mixed with breast milk. Perhaps a combination of rectal (in the form of high enemas) and oral (through the mouth) use of the drug. The course of treatment is 5-15 days. In case of recurrent course of the disease, repeated courses of treatment are possible. In order to prevent sepsis and enterocolitis during intrauterine infection or the risk of nosocomial infection in newborns, the bacteriophage is used as an enema 2 times a day for 5-7 days.
In the treatment of omphalitis, pyoderma, infected wounds, the drug is used in the form of applications twice daily (gauze moistened with bacteriophage and put on the umbilical wound or the affected skin).
In case of clouding, do not use the drug!
Due to the content in the preparation of the nutrient medium, in which bacteria can develop from the environment, causing clouding of the drug, it is necessary when opening the bottle to observe the following rules:
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Treat cap with alcohol-containing solution.
- Remove the cap without opening the cap.
- Do not put the stopper on the inner surface of the table or other objects.
- Do not leave the bottle open.
- Store the opened vial only in the refrigerator.
- When using small doses (2-8 drops), the drug should be taken with a sterile syringe in a volume of 0.5-1 ml.
The drug from the opened vial can be used during the entire shelf life if observed it's storage conditions , the above rules and the absence of clouding.
Solution for oral administration, local and external use.
The preparation is stored in accordance with SP 220.127.116.118-03 in a dry place protected from light and inaccessible to children at a temperature of from 2 to 8 ° C.
Pharmacy sales terms
Over the counter