Mezim forte - the enzyme preparation used to improve digestion.
Release form and composition
Mezim forte is produced in the form of film-coated tablets: Valium, with bevelled edges and almost plane-parallel surfaces, pink, with a characteristic odor of pancreatin (20 pcs in a blister, and 1, 2, 4, 5 blisters in a carton box.).
The composition of one tablet is included a minimum pancreatin enzyme activity:
- Amylase - 4200 IU Ph.Eur;
- Lipase - 3500 IU Ph.Eur;
- Proteases - 250 IU Ph.Eur.
Auxiliary components: microcrystalline cellulose, sodium carboxymethylstarch (type A), colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
shell composition: talc, hypromellose, azorubinovy varnish (E122), 30% simethicone emulsion (as dry weight), titanium dioxide (E171), 30% polyacrylate dispersion (as dry weight) Macrogol 6000.
- Insufficiency of exocrine function of the pancreas (cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis);
- Inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the stomach, liver, intestines, gall bladder (chronic character), as well as the state after irradiation, or resection of these organs, which are accompanied by flatulence, impaired digestion poor, diarrhea (along with other drugs);
- Errors in the diet of patients with normal function of the gastrointestinal tract (write to improve digestion);
- Preparations for the ultrasound and X-ray examination of the abdominal cavity.
- Acute pancreatitis;
- Chronic pancreatitis (during exacerbation);
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Pregnant women Mezim Forte can be taken in cases where the expected benefit to the mother's health above the potential risk to the fetus.
Dosage and Administration
Mezim fort is taken orally with water. Chewable tablets should not be.
The dose is determined individually, depending on the features of the flow of digestive disorders.
Adults usually prescribed 1-2 tablets before meals. If necessary during the meal still further can receive 1-4 tablets.
Babies Mezim Forte can be taken by a physician.
The duration of therapy is determined by the indications: for digestive process related to errors in the diet - a few days; if necessary, a permanent substitution treatment - a few months or years.
During therapy may develop: nausea, constipation or diarrhea, epigastric discomfort, allergic reactions.
Prolonged high doses mezim forte may increase the levels of uric acid in blood plasma and hyperuricosuria development.
In some cases, those suffering from cystic fibrosis patients after administration of high doses of the drug in the ileocecal region can be observed stricture formation.
Before starting the application mezim forte, as well as in the case of atypical symptoms should consult a doctor.
The simultaneous use of antacids containing magnesium hydroxide and / or calcium carbonate, may lead to a decrease in efficiency of pancreatin.
In an application mezim fort with iron-containing drugs may decrease absorption of the latter.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of the reach of children at temperature up to 30 ° C.
Shelf life - 3 years.