Miramistin - antiseptic with antibacterial and germicidal action for local and external use.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - 0.01% solution: clear, colorless, foaming during shaking (50 ml polyethylene bottles in a carton box 1 bottle complete with applicator urological; 150 ml polyethylene bottles, in a carton box 1 bottle complete with nozzle spray).
The active substance Miramistin - benzyldimethyl-miristoilamino-propylammonium chloride monohydrate: 1 ml - 0.1 mg.
The auxiliary component - purified water.
In traumatology and surgery:
- Treatment of inflammatory processes of the musculoskeletal system;
- Treatment of purulent wounds and festering prevention.
In gynecology and obstetrics:
- Treatment and prevention of festering wounds of the vagina and perineum, postpartum injuries and infections;
- Treatment and prevention of inflammatory diseases (e.g., endometritis, vulvovaginitis).
In dermatology and Venereology:
- Prevention of diseases, sexually transmitted infections, such as trichomoniasis, chlamydia, genital herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, genital candidiasis;
- Prevention and treatment of foot mycoses, candidiasis of the mucous membranes and skin, tinea and pyoderma.
- Complex treatment of chronic and acute uretroprostatitis and nonspecific and specific urethritis (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia) nature.
In Combustiology (burn medicine):
- Preparing to burn wounds dermatoplastike;
- Treatment of burns (superficial and deep) II A and III degree.
- Hygiene treatment for dentures;
- Prevention and treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity such as periodontitis, periodontitis, gingivitis, stomatitis.
- Treatment of acute exacerbations of chronic tonsillitis and / or acute pharyngitis in children 3-14 years old;
- Complex treatment of chronic and acute tonsillitis, sinusitis, laryngitis, otitis.
Miramistin is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its active ingredient.
The tool can be used during pregnancy when indicated. Information on the safety of the drug during lactation is not available.
Dosage and Administration
Babies Miramistin prescribed only in acute exacerbation of chronic pharyngitis and tonsillitis. Drug irrigate the pharyngeal cavity with the help of the included spray nozzles.
Recommended dosing regimens depending on the age of the child:
- 3-6 years - 1 dose (5.3 ml - pressing sprayer head);
- 7-14 years - 2 doses (5-7 ml - double click);
- Older than 14 years - 3-4 doses (10-15 ml).
Multiplicity of application - 3-4 times per day. The duration of treatment is 4-10 days.
Application Miramistin in the treatment of adults, depending on the indication:
- In traumatology, surgery and Combustiology: irrigated surface burns and wounds, loosely tamponiruyut fistulous passages and wounds, fix soaked in a solution of gauze pads. Medical procedures are repeated 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days. Also, use a highly effective method of active drainage cavities and wounds with a daily consumption of the drug up to 1 liter;
- In gynecology and obstetrics: before delivery within 5-7 days used in the form of vaginal irrigations; after childbirth in each vaginal examination and postpartum - a tampon impregnated with 50 ml of the product, with an exposure of 2 hours for 5 days. In the case of cesarean delivery before surgery treated vagina, during the operation - the uterine cavity, and the incision in the postoperative period is introduced into the vagina swabs soaked Miramistin 2 hours daily for 7 days. In the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the vagina with a tampon drug administered or produce iontophoresis, the rate of - 2 weeks;
- In otolaryngology: purulent sinusitis - washed with a sufficient amount of the maxillary sinus puncture at the time; pharyngitis, laryngitis and tonsillitis - rinse throat (10-15 ml) and / or irrigate using spray nozzles 3-4 fold pressing 3 or 4 times a day;
- In dentistry: rinse mouth Miramistin 10-15 ml 3-4 times a day;
- Comprehensive treatment of urethritis and uretroprostatitis: Injection preparation is carried into the urethra in an amount of 3.2 ml 1-2 times a day every day for 10 days;
- Prevention of sexually transmitted diseases: Apply no later than 2 hours after sexual intercourse. With urological applicator enter the vial contents: men - 3.2 mL for 2-3 minutes in the urethra, women - 2.1 mL for 2-3 minutes into the urethra and the vagina 5-10 minutes. It is also recommended to treat the skin of the genitals, pubic area and inner thighs. After the procedure, do not urinate for 2 hours as possible.
- Remove the cap from the bottle;
- Remove the nozzle from its protective packaging;
- Attach it to the bottle;
- Activate by pressing.
In some cases, patients complain of a sense of light burning, which does not require discontinuation of the drug alone and goes through 15-20 seconds.
Allergic reactions are possible.
Miramistin has no allergenic properties and locally irritant.
In the case of simultaneous application Miramistin enhances the antifungal and antibacterial properties of antibiotics.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep away from children.
Shelf life - 3 years.