Sedative drug of plant origin
- Valerian dry extract: 50 mg
- Dry extract of Melissa 25 mg
- Dry extract of Peppermint 25 mg
- talc, magnesium stearate, crospovidone, maize starch, colloidal silicon dioxide, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose.
Composition of the shell:
hydroxypropylcellulose (Hypromellose, Pharmacoat), talc, sodium-k, arboksimetiltsellyuloza, povidone, sucrose, colloidal silica, calcium carbonate, titanium dioxide, Brown 75 dye, glycerol, Hoechst Wax E (Capol 600).
- Drug has sedative and antispasmodic action.
- Extract of rhizomes and roots of Valerian has a calming effect.
- Melissa leaf extract - soothing and antispasmodic.
- The extract of peppermint leaves - antispasmodic, mild sedative effect.
- Increased nervous irritability,
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Shortage of sucrase / isomaltase, fructose intolerance;
- Arterial hypotension;
- Cholangitis, cholelithiasis and other diseases of the biliary tract;
- Children up to age 12 years.
- Precautions: Patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Dosage and administration:
Inside, squeezed with water, regardless of meals.
Adults and children over 12 years: with increased nervous excitability, irritability - 2-3 coated tablets, 2-3 times a day; insomnia - 2-3 coated tablets, for 30 minutes - 1 hour before bedtime.
The maximum daily dose is 12 tablets per day.
Upon termination of treatment withdrawal symptoms does not occur.
Do not use the drug continuously for more than 1.5-2 months.
Allergic reactions (redness, rash, peripheral edema, allergic dermatitis), bronzospazm, with prolonged use - constipation.
A single dose of 20 g of rhizomes and roots of valerian (approximately 103 tablets Persen®) can cause fatigue, stomach cramps, feeling of pressure in your chest, dizziness, hand tremors, dilated pupils, which may disappear on their own within 24 hours.
With symptoms of overdose it is advisable to carry out gastric lavage and consult a physician.
Interactions with other drugs:
The drug increases the effects of sleeping pills and other drugs which depress the central nervous system, hypotensive drugs (including centrally acting), analgesics, requiring dose adjustment.
- Patients with GERD may deteriorate symptoms.
- If, during the use of the drug symptoms persist or become heavier , consult a doctor.
- Do not use the drug continuously for more than 1.5 - 2 months.
Effects on ability to drive vehicles, machinery:
In the period of treatment must be careful when performing potentially hazardous activities that require high concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions (driving, work with moving machinery, work of dispatcher, operator).