Filtrum is a modern medicine against different intoxications. Its main ingredient is lignin, a natural enterosorbent, which is a product of hydrolyzed wood processing. Surveys show that sorption capacity of Filtrum is 1 000 times higher than of absorbent carbon.
Lignin is a sorbent of wide spectrum of activity. It ties up and withdraws pathogenic bacteria and bacterial toxins out of organism and consequently is particularly effective against enteric infections. Due to high sorption of toxic agents, salts of heavy metals and alcohol Filtrum is effective against different types of poisoning. The medicine helps to reduce cholesterol, urea, bilirubin, metabolites causing chronicle intoxication of organism.
Filtrum is not toxic, doesn’t absorb and completely eliminates itself from intestine in 24 hours. Unlike other sorbents, like absorbent carbon, Filtrum doesn’t injure digestive tract.
Filtrum is allowed for ingestion in pregnancy and lactation period and for children under 1 year of age (in consultation with doctor).
Registration number: P N001189/01
Pack size: 10 tablets per blister; 1, 2, 3, 5 or 6 blisters per cardboard pack or 10, 30, 50, 60 or 100 pieces per bottle; 1 bottle per cardboard pack.
Main indications for use:
- Dysentery, salmonellosis, dyspepsia and toxic infection;
- Food and alcohol poisonings;
- ‘Traveller's diarrhea’;
- Pyoinflammatory diseases with florid intoxication;
- Kidney and liver failure;
- Medicamentous and food allergy;
- Acute poisoning caused by alkaloids, medical products, heavy metal salts and other toxic agents;
Measuring of medicine:
Filtrum should be taken 3-4 times per day 1 hour before meal and other medical products. Dose depends on age and body weight.
Under 1 year of age – ½ of tablet;
1-3 years old – ½-1 tablet;
4-7 years old – 1 tablet;
7-12 years old – 1-2 tablets;
Adults – 2-3 tablets.
Duration of treatment constitutes 3-5 days of acute infections and poisonings and 14-21 days of allergies and chronicle intoxications.
In order to treat or prevent alcohol intoxications the following treatment is prescribed:
- 2 tablets 20 minutes before alcohol ingestion;
- 2 tablets after alcohol ingestion.
- For men weighing more than 80 kg – 6 tablets at a time;
- For men weighing less than 80 kg and women – 4 tablets at a time.
The medicine can be used with other medical drugs but separately.