Gel for external application of 1% homogeneous, creamy, white to yellowish color.
Diclofenac diethylamine 1.16 g, which corresponds to a content of 1 g of diclofenac sodium
Excipients: carbomer (Carbopol 974P), macrogol tsetostearat (cetomacrogol 1000), Coco kaprilokaprat (tsetiol the LC), diethyl amine, isopropanol, liquid paraffin, aromatic cream 45, propylene glycol, water.
NSAIDs for external application. It has a pronounced analgesic and anti-inflammatory action. Non-selectively inhibiting the COX-1 and COX-2, violates the metabolism of arachidonic acid and inhibit the biosynthesis of prostaglandins.
The use of Voltaren Emulgel during the inflammatory process leads to a reduction or elimination of pain and swelling of tissues.
Adverse reactions are mainly characterized by moderately severe skin manifestations and passing the site of application of the gel.
Local reactions: often (> 1/100, <1/10): erythema, dermatitis, including contact dermatitis (symptoms: erythema, itching, swelling of the treated area of the skin, rash, papules, vesicles, scaling); rare (> 1/10 000, 1/1000) - bullous dermatitis; very rare (<1/10 000) - pustular rash.
Systemic reactions: very rare (<1/10 000) - generalized skin rash, allergic reactions (urticaria, giperchuvsvitelnost, angioedema, asthma attacks, bronchospastic reactions), photosensitivity reaction.
Voltaren® Emulgel® should only be applied to intact skin, avoiding contact with open wounds. After application do not apply an occlusive dressing.
Do not allow to enter the drug with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Back pain in inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the spine (sciatica, osteoarthritis, lumbago, sciatica);
- Joint pain (including joints of the fingers, knees) in rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis;
- Muscle pain (due to stretching, overvoltage, bruises, injuries);
- Inflammation and swelling of the soft tissues and joints due to injuries and rheumatic diseases (tendonitis, bursitis, defeat periarticular tissues).
- "Aspirin" triad (the tendency to occurrence of asthma attacks, skin rashes or acute rhinitis when using aspirin or other NSAIDs);
- Violation of the integrity of the skin in the proposed site of application;
- III trimester of pregnancy;
- Lactation (breastfeeding);
- Children up to age 12 years;
- Hypersensitivity to diclofenac or other components of the preparation.
Precautions should be prescribed the drug for hepatic porphyria (in the acute phase), erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, severe liver and kidney function, congestive heart failure, asthma, as well as in I and II trimesters of pregnancy and elderly patients.